Saturday, April 21, 2012

Poet Tree

Hello! I realize that its been a very, very long time since I last posted. Well, thats because I'm busy. Very busy. Working hard, schooling well, and playing long takes a lot of energy out of a girl, ya know? But this is not a post about not posting. This is a post about new posting! This semester, I've been in a poetry class with some very talented people led by a very talented and wonderful professor. Her name is Patty Kirk and I sort of love her. She's a writer. She writes essays that go into books that are funny, real, and sometimes make me cry. You should all read them because they're very good. She has a blog. But I won't post it because I don't know how she'd feel about that and I don't really want to ask her, either. Anyway. This poetry class is by far my favorite class that I've ever taken at JBU, which is really staying something, because I've really loved a lot of my classes. One of the course requirements is to publish some original poems. Well, I'm working on a couple that I want to try and have legit published, but like I said, I'm working on them. But! We are allowed to publish them on our personal blogs and since I have a personal blog, neglected though it may be, I'll be posting some of my work on the world wide web.  All of these poems, unless other wise noted, belong to me, so nobody may steal them, borrow them, or use them in any way without my permission, which I probably won't give you, because some day, I'd really like to have books published and these little lovies might possibly be in them! I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I've enjoyed finding them.


In my head, this is what every poem that finds me looks like.

2 comments: