Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Funny the way it is...

So much can happen in the span of one week and one day!

Last week, I posted sitting in Echterdingen with the snow falling gently over the red tile roofs of the neighborhood.
Today, I post sitting in my parents lovely home in Siloam Springs,  Arkansas, with a parade of puppies playing happily in the back yard.
My adventure was, in some ways, cut short.
In other ways, it was the perfect length--Home for Christmas!!!!
After a few crazy days last week, I hopped on a plane in Stuttgart at 11 am on Saturday morning and arrived in Northwest Arkansas about 9 pm Saturday night.
So thankful for my wonderful parents, the fabulous Crystall and Brandon, and of course my Bryn and her lovely mama-la, Colleen, who helped last week make a crazy sort of sense. Without the support of them, and of course my awesome God, I think I would have lost it!

In my last post, I said I wasn't sure if I'd ever want to come back to Siloam. Lemme tell ya something, when the going got too rough, this girl was LONGING to be in Siloam Springs! Funny the way it is...
I have no idea, really, what the next few months will hold for me. But as my mom put it, there are so many possibilities and we cannot wait to see what doors the Lord will be opening for me! Pray for me, friends, that I will be able to choose the path thats best for me according to His divine plan, which is by far better than anything I could ever have "planned" for myself.

I'll leave you with this funny thought from my very wise and currently bearded little brother. In his western civ class last week, the professor asked the class to explain what control means. After several other students answered, Paul raised his hand and said, basically, "Control is an illusion. None of us have any control what so ever!" So true, little brother, so true!

No comments:

Post a Comment