Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Silver Bells...Silver Bells...Its Christmas Time in the City!

So yesterday, Carolyn and I both had the day off from work.
We bundled up.
We wore hats and felt sort of silly, but we were warm!
We walked about half a mile and hopped on a train headed downtown!

We had the whole day to wander the streets of Stuttgart, shopping, talking, laughing, eating, and drinking a wonderful German concoction called Gluewein.
I've written about that before.
Its so yummy..Hot Spiced Red Wine.

A lot of Christmas decorations were up in windows.
But the real surprise was when we turned a corner, looking for the MarktHalle.
And there was a WHOLE CHRISTMAS VILLAGE being set up.
It was so cute!
I took lots and lots of pictures for your viewing pleasure!

Carolyn said that what had been set up wasn't even the half of it!
So I'm really excited to go back downtown again soon!

I got a few Christmas presents...but we mostly just walked and talked.
It was a lovely day.

After it got dark, we hit up an inside mall and got a delish hot dog.
Mayo and Fried Onions is where its at, y'all!
Then we walked across the way to the Schlossplatz where there was an ice skating rink set up amidst the Christmas Village! Thats where we had the Gluewein.
We both made a few long distances phone calls.
Not that we were bragging or anything...haha.

Magical.
Thats the best word I can use to describe our day out yesterday.
Better than Disneyland magical!
And thats supposed to be the most magical place on Earth, right?!

The first Christmas "Haus" we saw.

Hullo, Mr. Nutcracker! I thought you were a Russian?

Decorating and Stocking

Seriously? This is just so cute!

BIG Christmas Tree!

Santa's workshop in front of the Church

They had magnets in the shape of fried eggs!

Dad, I doubt you're reading this.
But if you are...this is a fine tobacco shoppe.
And by fine, I mean, you'd love it!
I tried to pick some winners, if you know what I mean!!

Gluewein/Pastry Stand

Prost, y'all!
(That means Cheers, for all you non-German speakers reading this. Don't get me wrong, I'm one of you!)

2 comments:

  1. Love the photos, Molly! Just showed this to dad, and he says: "Winners always pick winners! Love you, Sweetie". I love you too, girl - mommy

    ReplyDelete