Monday, October 11, 2010

5 Sinne (5 senses)

Today Bryn and I caught the S-Bahn (the train that goes between cities, as opposed to the U-Bahn, which is the train that goes around the city)

to do a little shopping and get lunch before we went over to Nate's house for a lovely dinner of pot roast with all the traditional fixins--mashed potatoes, cooked carrots and onions and gravy. While we were in the city, I had a little time to journal in the beautiful city of Stuttgart's center...








Sitting in the schlossplatz--the city center.
I hear the fountain like a waterfall, musicians tinkering away on Eastern sounding instruments, and the sounds of people talking all jumbled up together like a happy herd of grasshoppers humming.  Two lovers who can hardly keep their hands off each other are laying in the grass in front of us.  My mouth taste slightly of the crunchy onions and spicy brown mustard that crowned the best hot dog I've ever eaten bought across the street at the mall.  Like an after thought, I can smell the cigarette smoke wafting through the air. The sun is shining behind me and I am perfectly content to sit Indian style in this green green grass. A breeze tosses my curls about my neck and I am thankful for my little brown hair tie that holds them all in place.  I only wish I wasn't fighting a head cold...but such is life! Surrounding the park is a most interesting mix of both old and modern architecture. Somehow it works like a bridge, spanning humanity through out both time and space and bringing together all of us who sit here today.  Just now a tiny black chihuahua is straining against a leash held by his beautiful raven headed mistress, who is distracted by the click of a lighter against a cigarette against her red lips. A beautiful little boy with a red plaid messenger's cap is snuggled up against his seemingly exhausted mother...and the music plays on.



1 comment:

  1. lovely - like the imagery - especially the park as a bridge...

    ReplyDelete