Friday, October 29, 2010

HE'S BAAA-AAACK!

Yes that's right, ladies and gentlemen of the blogosphere.
He's back.
The D man.
The security guy.
Whatever his name was.

Well he has a new name now.
Its not a very nice word.
So I won't say it.
But use your imagination.

He came through my checkout line tonight with 12 bottles of wine.
And he paid for his gas.

I did every thing wrong.

Well, according to him...
I did everything wrong.

(insert his name here)

After our transaction was complete,
He proceeded to tell me the
correct way
to do everything in the entire store.

He doesn't work directly in my store.
He doesn't deal with 48321-4732810478 customers a day.
(most of whom are incredibly nice)

However, he does deal with people who do everything wrong.
Apparently, people like me.

After our little lesson,
He informed me that he would be emailing my boss
To tell him how everything in our store
Is Done Wrong.

"Don't worry," he assured me with his icey blue eyes, "I won't use your name."

Almost in tears, I lifted my chin.
"Its Molly. Use my name."

"Oh, I don't want to get you in trouble...unless you do something really bad, like stealing."

"Have a good night, sir."

And he walked out the door.
Almost forgot his movie.
But as the nice, honest kind of girl I believe my self to be
I hollered after him
And he got the movie.

I tried to keep smiling.
I tried to do my job
The Right Way
(which I thought I'd be doing all day long)

A few more customers passed through the line,
Each one nicer than the next.

Then came the man who made my night.
Well, my week really.

"You are doing such a great job," he told me sincerely
"Anyone who tells you otherwise or is mean to you has a
Pathetic Existence."

My eyes filled up with tears.

"Thank you for saying that."

And he walked out.

Then my shift manager walked by.
He asked me if I was okay.
I nodded yes.
He told me to take 10 minutes anyway.

Some people are nice.
Some people are not.

(Insert his name here.)

But the world is a mix of good and bad.

And I'm here to tell you:

I know the heart of life is good.

1 comment:

  1. Molly - I love you. Your heart of life is good, certainly. May you know only kindness in the store these next few days. And may you celebrate returning kindness for unkindness because that's the kind of girl you are. I'm proud of you. - momma

    ReplyDelete