Tuesday, October 12, 2010

mushroom quesadillas

Ok, so the other day when we were headed out and about the lovely city of Stuttgart, I got my hands on a copy of Rachel Ray's 30 Minute Meals 2 that just so happened to be sitting, cold, lonely, abandoned in the back seat of Nate's truck.  I flipped through the book, just looking at the pictures of all the lovely things RR has thought up. And then I saw the recipe for mushroom quesadillas. I couldn't get the thought of those stringy gooey buttery little yummies out of my head! So tonight I made them. And people. Seriously. You need to make these for yourself. For your family. For your friends. For your neighbors. Just make them!

Mushroom Quesadillas
Adapted from Rachel Ray's recipe




1 block of Monterrey jack cheese
1 container of regular ole brown mushrooms
tortillas
butter (and lots of it!)
salt

Roughly chop the mushrooms and saute in butter. Salt to taste.
Grate the cheese.
Melt butter in a frying pan that has preheated on medium.
Place one tortilla in the buttered pan.
Cover with cheese and sauteed mushrooms.
Put another tortilla on top.
Flip.
Cut.
Serve.

LOVE!

2 comments: