Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Getting Ready for Work

Yesterday, Bryn and I went to talk to Andre, the HR man for the Stuttgart military bases. He was super encouraging. Basically, we are just waiting for my background check to come. Then I will go to orientation  either this Monday or the following Tuesday and then start my new job. Most likely I will be a checker at a Shopette, which is a huge gas station and the only one of its kind on the 3 or 4 bases here in Stuttgart. I've been in there a couple of times now. Theres a couple of girls who seems really cool, just about my age, and tons and tons of cute boys around too ;-) I'm excited to get working, but honestly these last few days of just being able to relax, cook, write, read and hang out with Bryn and Carolyn has been so wonderful after having been working two jobs for the last year. Right now, Carolyn is cooking dinner, a Thai pork in a peanut sauce that smells amazing! The two little boys that Bryn nanny's for are sitting next to me on the black leather couches. We're watching Maraduke, and its pretty cute! I'll post again soon! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment