Monday, October 25, 2010

Stealing. Its Wrong.

But apparently everyone's doing it!

Just got back from new hire orientation.
8 hours of need-to-know information.

Our instructor was a nice guy.
Kinda squirrely.
But nice.

Then there was this guy.
His name is...
Well I don't remember but he's in charge of...
I don't know, exactly.

a) Shoplifting
b) Security
c) Scaring new hires out of ever stealing because he will find you. And he will persecute you. And possibly kill you.
d) All of the above, except killing. Because that's illegal. But if it wasn't, I think he might do it.

If you chose D, you'd be correct!

And the thing is, you can tell he really loves his job.
Like A LOT!
Which is good, right? People should love their jobs.

But this guy...
This guy likes to catch people stealing.
He stared down each of us new hires at least once with ice blue eyes, as if he was trying to figure out who he would catch first.

I don't steal.
I don't want to steal.
I think stealing is wrong.
I can safely say that I've never stolen anything.
(Well okay, maybe I've stolen a lip gloss from Sydney's Drawer. But that's not a store. That's in my house. Paid for with love by Ruth and Chris. Who are my parents too. So, technically, I wouldn't call that stealing!)

But this dude made me feel like I had already stolen $59,320,751,830,748.94 worth of company products, including gas.
(Who steals gas?)

It took all of my courage to look him straight into his paranoid eyes.
But I did it.
Because I'm an honest kind of girl.

Once, I turned myself into my Chemistry teacher for copying my lab partner's lab report.
And I cried.
Real tears.

That honest.

So don't worry, Mr. Shoplifting Prevention/Security Man/Ice Blue Eyes.
This is one new hire you won't have to worry about seeing again!



On a nicer note, all the leaves are in full color now. 
They almost look like they are on fire.
Beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment